Please read Zabbix 3.2.0 upgrade notes and upgrade procedure for migration details.
The following sections describe the release in details and provide late-breaking or other information that supplements its main documentation.
- [ZBXNEXT-3195] implemented independent escalations for each problem event
- [ZBXNEXT-3277] added global event correlation
- [ZBXNEXT-3274] added event correlation on trigger level
- [ZBXNEXT-3201] added high-performance view of current problems, implemented problem.get() method
- [ZBXNEXT-3296] added basic filtering for several frontend pages
- [ZBXNEXT-2430] added new items log.count and logrt.count, added option for monitoring fast-growing log files
- [ZBXNEXT-3175] added filtering for the list of templates and host groups
- [ZBXNEXT-821] added possibility to view, copy, mass update and delete lld created elements
- [ZBXNEXT-3193] added event_recovery table to link problem and recovery events, added problem table to cache active problem events
- [ZBXNEXT-3267] added one minute delay for repeated SNMP trap file error log entries
- [ZBXNEXT-3196] added action option to pause escalations during maintenance
- [ZBXNEXT-178] implemented web scenarios import/export
- [ZBXNEXT-2087] added trigger and event tags
- [ZBXNEXT-1638] added macro functions to allow substring extraction from item value macros in triggers and notifications
- [ZBXNEXT-2118] added support of trigger option "OK event generation" and recovery expression
- [ZBXNEXT-1250] added two new options "regexp" and "iregexp" to the third parameter of trigger function count(); thanks to Michael Kolomiets for patch
- [ZBX-1357] updated Chinese (China), Chinese (Taiwan), Czech, English (United States), French, Georgian, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese translations; thanks to Zabbix translators
- [ZBXNEXT-3135] removed id field from history text and log tables
Custom tags for events are introduced in the new version. Custom event tags are implemented as a pair of the tag name and value. You can use only the name or pair it with a value. After the tags are defined on the trigger level, corresponding events get marked with tag data.
The tags can be use to implement service-centric approach to management of notifications and displaying of problems.
For more information see event tag section.
New global event correlation module allows pre-processing of problems based on event tag information. As a result of pre-processing a new problem or older problems matching correlation rules can be closed automatically.
Configuration of triggers was extended to support ability of closing problem only if OK and PROBLEM event tags match each other. That allows much more flexible matching of problems and recovery conditions for log monitoring and trap processing.
Zabbix will process and escalate individually each problem generated by trigger having problem event generation mode set to 'multiple'.
Sometimes a macro may resolve to a value that is not necessarily easy to work with. It may be long or contain a specific substring of interest that you would like to extract. For these purposes, the new version comes with a new concept of macro functions.
For more information see macro functions section.
More advanced options are available for dealing with fast-growing log files.
An optional maxdelay parameter for log monitoring items, which can be used to set a time bracket that log records must be analyzed within - if it's impossible to analyze all records within the set time, older lines are skipped in favour of analyzing the more recent ones.
Also, two new agent items log.count and logrt.count that count the number of matched lines and return that number instead of the lines themselves.
A much easier way of defining trigger hysteresis is introduced by an optional second trigger expression called 'recovery expression' where you can separately define the conditions that have to be met for the trigger to return back to the OK state.
There is also more control over how OK events are generated. You can use the problem expression as basis (then it works the same way as before), the recovery expression as basis, or even select 'None' in which case the trigger will always remain in problem state if it goes into it.
Additionally, PROBLEM event generation mode for single/multiple problem events has been changed from a silent default/optional checkbox into an obvious two-way choice.
For more information see configuring a trigger and trigger hysteresis sections.
The logic of delaying problem notifications during host maintenance has been changed. The old mechanism is dropped. Instead there is an new option in action configuration, which allows to pause notifications in the host maintenance phase if you wish so. If notifications are paused during maintenance, they get back on course after the maintenance, according to the escalation scenario.
For more information see maintenance and escalations section.
Now entities created by low-level discovery are shown in a much more user-friendly way. It is possible to view the details of these items, triggers and graphs. Check-boxes are enabled to apply mass operations to them. Thus it is possible to enable/disable/delete them.
When exporting hosts or templates into XML, web scenarios are now exported as well. When importing hosts/templates, there are options for creating new, updating existing and deleting missing web scenarios.
Now on you may easily share web scenarios on share.zabbix.com. For example, export a template with the web scenarios into XML and upload to share.zabbix.com. Then others can download the template and import the XML into Zabbix.
Several frontend sections have gained a filter allowing to search by name as well as status, type or mode. Host groups, templates and global scripts can now be searched by name.
Introduced new high-performance view of current and recently resolved problems under Monitoring->Problems.
New API method 'problem.get' is introduced to allow retrieval of problem related information.
Added two new options "regexp" and "iregexp" to the third parameter <operator> of trigger function count().
Unused id field was removed to make history tables more efficient.
Added one minute delay for repeated SNMP trap file error log entries.
Updated translations to many languages.
See Zabbix Manual for full details.
Recompile Zabbix binaries and update front-end PHP files. Execute a database patch if migrating from Zabbix 1.8.x. See Zabbix Manual for a detailed upgrade procedure.